Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mr. Remus, I do adore your clean whiskey!

What is history? Truth? Lie? I see it as both. The winners often write history, but it is not so often you get both sides of the story. Prohibition truly is this type of history, as is something as huge as the Holocaust. No one could hide the documents, witness accounts, and efffect of the Holocaust. Nor could they hide the effect and facts pertaining to Prohibition.

I did like the book. It told both sides of the story and the topic fascinated me. To be a man like George Remus, and to have experienced what he has is an extraordinary feat. I was captivated by the struggles the Prohibitionists went through to try and control the "drunkards". I would reccomend this book to seekers of knowledge. Anyone else who reads this should relate the sad circumstances of America's past and apply it to modern practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment